COVID-19 is creating challenges for each and every one of us. We want to reassure you that the team at Veterinary Specialists Scotland are strictly adhering to government advice to allow us to be able to provide exceptional care to our clients and their pets. We would appreciate your help in following our policies to reduce risk to you and our colleagues:
- When you arrive at Veterinary Specialists Scotland, please call us from your vehicle to let our Client Care Team know that you are here.
During normal office hours, we aim to allow clients to enter the hospital for the initial consultation as long as the following can be observed:
- you are not self-isolating or have signs of COVID-19
- there is one person only with the pet
- you are wearing a face covering and it is covering your mouth and nose
- you observe the 2 metre minimum distance
- you sanitise your hands entering and leaving the hospital
- We will meet you at the hospital entrance and will lead you directly to a consulting room where we ask you to remain seated at all times
- Our Specialist or Fellow will discuss your pet’s background and medical history
- Your pet will be taken to a treatment room where our vets, assisted by our nurses, can carry out a full physical examination. While this takes place, one of our Client Care Team will come to the consulting room and will ensure that all necessary administrative procedures are in place
- We can provide access to a range of PPE if required. On occasion, we may request that you wear additional PPE (face shield, gown, gloves etc)
- Consulting rooms and touch points including furniture will all be wiped down between consultations
If you would prefer, or if further COVID-19 restrictions are implemented our alternative process is:
- Video consultation
- Phone consultation
- We collect your pet from the car park
- Paperwork is signed in car park
- Payment is taken by phone
We are extremely fortunate in being able to provide a very spacious waiting room with a modern air handling facility which means we may be able to offer some of the above processes within our building if the weather is against us.
As we all know, the COVID-19 situation is extremely fluid so please be aware we may have to change our processes at extremely short notice. This is why it is important to call us when you arrive in the hospital car park.
If you have any questions prior to your visit then please feel free to call our Client Care Team on 01506 888 777. Thank you in anticipation for your help and please rest assured that your pet will receive exceptional care as normal from all of our colleagues throughout their visit.